The way you start your day is important – everyone knows that. Starting off in a good mood helps you get through the day with a smile. There are sayings that talk about it – we say someone is ‘on top of the morning” meaning someone is happy; or conversely “they got out of the wrong side of the bed” when referring to someone who appears to be in a bad mood. But how many of us truly pay attention to how we start the day and what it means for the rest of our day? How many of us decide that today will be our ‘positive thoughts day’, set our intentions and give ourselves the best chance ever of having a truly great day?
The answer is probably, ‘not many’ or even if we do set out in a good mood, screaming children, spouses, traffic, lost school shoes and the cat being sick on the new carpet, can all serve to bring us back down to earth with a bump pretty quickly.
So how can we start our day in the best way possible – so that we can deal with those little crises more easily and overcome them quickly?
I suggest that if we start each with GRATITUDE and GOOD INTENTIONS by taking a few minutes out in the morning to reflect on what’s good in our world, then our whole day would turn out better.
So here are a few suggestions to help you start your day in a positive way.
1. BE GRATEFUL FOR EVERYTHING YOU ALREADY HAVE.
Make a mental or actual list of all the positive, wonderful things that are already in your experience, right here, right now. Take a look around you and begin to appreciate everything you have created so far, knowing that it has come to you as a result of your vibrational output in terms of thoughts and actions.
Try to find all the positive things you can really give thanks for. Ignore ANY and ALL things that have a NEGATIVE thought associated with them, (and this will be different for everyone) and focus for 5-10 minutes on all the amazing, wonderful and magnificent things that you have, the ones that truly make you feel happy. It could be your cat, your children, your car but whatever it is, there will be something that you can choose to feel good about it.
And here’s the point – it’s what you CHOOSE to feel good about that makes the difference. There may be many things in your life that you cannot control or change in this moment, but everyone, without fail, and yes, that means YOU, can change the way you think about everything, right now.
So to get you started, here are a few general things we can all be grateful for this very minute:
- Our amazing planet, spinning effortlessly around the sun, which rises every day without fail, whether we can see it or not, flooding the world with its energy, warmth and light and sent to each and every one of us, without pre-selection or judgment.
- The abundance of oxygen and fresh air that you breathe in that fills your lungs with its sweet, life-giving warmth as you breathe in deeply.
- Your most comfortable bed which gives you a warm glow when you think about it and the great rest you just had.
- The peace of your inner being, which is always available to you just by closing your eyes and taking a few deep breaths in.
- The comfortable clothes you choose and the abundance of food upon your table.
- The unconditional love you feel when you think of your fabulous family, friends and the all good times you’ve spent together over the years.
- That warm glow you get when you remember the times you had a really good laugh – made even better when you let yourself go back and re-live them, even for a moment.
- The laugh-out-loud-feeling you get when you think of the best joke you know and allow yourself to laugh out loud again.
- The gratitude you can express for your body’s ability to maintain itself in health and vitality, wherever along that continuum you currently sit. In fact when you really think about it, your body is one of the most amazing things you have because it knows how to breathe, how to fight off infection, how to eat and drink efficiently, how to maintain its balance both physically and hormonally, how to sleep. Your body really is a ‘temple’ with its amazing and complex collection of cells, each knowing what it should do and regenerating itself moment by moment without you having to do anything. It works well however you treat it – your body is one of the most amazing things and you can appreciate it right now, whatever it looks like, it really is serving you well. And even if you have things about it you’d like to change, you know that your body knows how to do this. Just trust it because it is amazing.
These are just some examples of things that we can all appreciate. Try to think of more yourself, finding all the wonderful, positive things you can until you truly feel like you have a spring in your step and a song in your heart!
2. Set your intentions for the day
Now, you can set your intentions for the day – but keep them general so you can really keep in that positive vibe and maintain the flow of universal energy. Doing this will set all the forces of the universe to flow towards your goals and desires. Source energy will flow to you and work through you, and line up a myriad of good things for your day.
Setting your intentions could go something like this:
I INTEND that TODAY…..
- All things will be working out for me. Everything will be working out, for ME.
- I will feel happy and uplifted all day long.
- Everything I do and everyone I meet will be lined up to help me achieve my goals.
- Things will go well for me today. I don’t know how, and I don’t need to know how – I just know that they will.
- I will achieve the things I have set out to achieve and even if I don’t, I will not talk negatively to myself or beat myself up about them, because I know there is more time. There is always tomorrow.
- When I think about it, there is really nothing in my life that needs to be done right now, apart from allowing myself to feel good – there will always be enough time if I take a moment to focus my thoughts properly.
- All of my relationships will be guided by a greater understanding today.
- I will communicate better today than I have ever done, which means I will have a much greater awareness and understanding of every situation I find myself in, and the people I’m communicating with. This thought alone is going to enhance my day enormously.
- I’m going to take the time to look after myself properly today. I’m going to give myself a break and allow myself to rest and relax, because I deserve it and I’m worth it.
- I’m going to make sure that today, I fill my body with nutritious foods that promote my own well-being.
- In every encounter and situation today, I’m going to look for the best, most positive thing and I’m going to find it. And when I do, I’m going to rejoice in the realisation that these positive things have always been there. My new, positive outlook will attract even more wonderful and beneficial perspectives that can uplift my experience today.
- I’m going to feel that bubbling excitement which puts a smile on my face, for all the fantastic things that I know I will attract into my life today. And I will jump for joy when they manifest in my life because they are all here to help me expand my consciousness into a new place.
- Even if there are some things that I’d like to have, that are not part of my experience yet, I will imagine them and feel great exhilaration from trusting that they are on their way and it’s only a matter of time until these things unfold in my life. And what a fantastic day that will be – definitely worth giving thanks for.
- Finally, when I know that when I even just think about feeling good, I can actually start to feel myself and my world getting better and better. Every day, in every way, things are getting better and better for me. And if there were things before that might have been getting me down, I can totally trust and see now how they’re going to play out better in the future, because today, these things are starting to work out well for me. I know it, I can feel it, and boy does it feel GOOD!
There……..now how much better do you feel now?
The best bit is this:
- You have set up your day in the most positive way possible.
- You have leveraged the power of the universe to help, and it will.
- You are now ready for whatever your day brings. So we say……”BRING IT ON!”
May your day be blessed and unbelievably happy.
In love and light,
Please leave a comment to let me know how your day went.
And here is a video from Esther Hicks, which I often listen to to get me in the zone in the mornings.
Thank you Esther and Abraham.